Sunday, March 11, 2012

See You Later

After an eight day visit in Norfolk, yesterday I had to leave Zach. There were many tears between us, but we are trying to stay positive.
This morning the USS Enterprise left for their final deployment before the ship is decommissioned.
It seems as though they just returned from their most recent deployment.
From past experience, I will remember the most important things to do, and things I should not do.

What I Should NOT Do:
1. Have daily cry sessions. (Being depressed makes the days go by so much slower)
2. Think about what he is missing while he is not here. (Even though we won't be together on our birthdays and anniversary this year, that doesn't mean we won't recognize what the day is and what it means to us)
3. Beat myself up for missing a phone call once in a while. (It's inevitable. I have to accept the fact that it will happen at least once, if not a few times. Beating myself up will make me go to #1, and then I will be a blubbering mess.

What I SHOULD Do:
1. STAY BUSY! (This is the most important thing for any military girlfriend to do while their man is away. Nothing is better than realizing an entire month flew by because you were busy every day)
2. Remember all of the days we have spent together instead of thinking of all the days we will spend apart. (We have so many great memories, and it would be a shame for me to let my sadness take away from how special those are to me)
3. Always have faith. (I will never lose faith in our relationship. I know that we can last through anything. Seven months is nothing compared to the rest of our lives we will get to spend with each other)

Of course this will be hard, but we will make it through. It would be much harder to handle if it was our first deployment though. I just have to stay positive, and keep my friends and family very close for a while. Everything will be perfect again in seven-ish months, and I can't wait for that day. Until then, I will continue to fall more and more in love with my hero every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment