Friday, October 21, 2011

When One Month Seems to be One Week

If there is anything I have noticed since I have been a Navy Girlfriend, it's that I have learned to never take time for granted.

On November 18th, I will be heading to San Diego with Zach for his sister's wedding. We will be there until the 26th. We have had this trip planned for a few months now, and of course, I have been so excited since the topic came up. The funny thing is, it seems like only yesterday we brought it up. Now, there is a little less than a month until I get to see him again.

The whole point of that last paragraph was to describe how fast time goes by. At first, the days seemed to take weeks, and the weeks seemed to take years. Boot camp felt like ten years! I'm finally at the point now where I can admit that I'm used to being far away from him, and I'm used to not seeing him for months at a time. I have found ways to keep myself busy throughout the day, and that helps the lonely months pass.

Even though there is one month left until I get to see my wonderful boyfriend, it seems like I will be seeing him this time next week. I never thought I would come to the revelation that my long distance relationship isn't very long distance at all.

Now if only the time we were together didn't seem to speed by as fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment