Friday, February 10, 2012

Remember What You Love, and Love What You Remember

Chick Flicks usually aren't my thing. Most of the time, I would so much rather see a slasher, or a good Denzel action film than a movie with a soundtrack full of Taylor Swift songs. 
When I first saw previews for The Vow, it felt like a girly wave drowned me. Along with 99% of the girls on this planet, I felt like the world would end if I could not see that movie. I just got back from the movie theater (my friend and I saw the midnight premier). Before I opened my laptop to write, all I could think about was what my life would be like if I was in Rachel McAdams's shoes. I promise, for those of you that have not seen the movie yet, there is no need for a spoiler alert in the remaining text.

Would I be able to fall in love with someone who seems like a stranger all over again?
Well then I got to thinking, I kind of already do that every time I see Zach. Of course, he is no stranger to me, but it seems like it sometimes... especially after deployment. Whenever I finally see him after months of being apart, I fall in love all over again. Being with him in person is nothing like our usual routine of entertaining ourselves through a phone. The facial expressions, the way he holds me, and the way he gently slides the hair away from my face when he leans in for a kiss are three of the very many reasons I fell in love with him. Those things cannot be experienced over the phone. No, I'm not meeting a new person every few months. I am simply recalling the actions that took my breath away years ago, before we ever knew what a long distance relationship was. 

I guess the whole point of this entry was that it is not impossible to remember what you love, and love what you remember. Trust me, I do it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment