Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Wonders Skype Can Do

We aren't virgins to the Skype world, by any means, but tonight was the first time that we have done it since he has been in the Navy. Phone calls are great, emails are good, but Skyping is the cat's meow, man!
I absolutely love being able to see him smile. Skype actually lets me see the dumb face he makes when he yawns so I can pick on him about it to no end.
It's the closest thing I can get to actually being there with him. 
I have a roommate who is constantly talking about how she never gets to see her boyfriend. He goes to the same exact university, and lives about a mile away. He comes over every other day. She never shuts up about it either, and maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I think she talks about it in front of me on purpose.

Fact is: 
You know you don't get to see your boyfriend enough when you kiss your laptop camera during Skype.
You know you don't get to see your boyfriend enough when your day is so much brighter just because of a short email or a minute-long phone call.
and
You know you don't get to see your boyfriend enough when you have come to grips that technology is the entire basis of your relationship.

Dear Inventor of Skype,
Thank you so much for inventing this wonderful thing that has helped millions of people across the world stay in touch with their loved ones.




No comments:

Post a Comment